In response to an urgent demand for additional capacity for the production of a drug delivery device to combat a predicted pandemic, Sovrin embarked on a challenging programme to design, build from scratch, commission and validate a dedicated cleanroom production cell.
- Design & build a new cleanroom production cell (150 sq. m.) utilising lean & 6 Sigma techniques.
- Project manage construction and sub-contractors
- Specify and source plant – 5 moulding machines, 6 axis automation, conveyors & assembly machine
- Project manage mould tool manufacture
- Validation – mould tools, process, facilities
- From concept through validation and into high volume production in less than 5 months
- Rate of output – 24/7 365 days – number of devices manufactured – 6,500,000 in year 1
- Reliability of plant, tools and process. Uninterrupted output to date exceeds 33 million
- Optimisation of process increased projected output by 16%